Wrong ASP .NET version

Guest

Hi All,

I use Visual .net C# 2003 try to create a new ASP .NET Web Application and
got following errors:

Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running
ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or
services.

The development environment are:
Windows 2000 Professional
Visual .Net Studio 2003
MS IIS 5.0

Anybody have any idea would be great appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Mythran

jim said:
Hi All,

I use Visual .net C# 2003 try to create a new ASP .NET Web Application and
got following errors:

Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not
running
ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or
services.

The development environment are:
Windows 2000 Professional
Visual .Net Studio 2003
MS IIS 5.0

Anybody have any idea would be great appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

I imaging you already have the .Net Framework 1.1 otherwise you couldn't
install C# 2k3. Double-check to make sure you didn't accidentally uninstall
it. Then try running the file (default path)
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

Hope that helps ...

Mythran

Guest

Jim,

I have received this error in the past. Somehow your system is not
recognizing 1.1 or it wasn't installed properly. Try running
"aspnet_regiis.exe /i" using the Visual Studio Command Prompt. This will
reinstall ASP.Net and update all scriptmaps to the current version of ASP.Net.

Thanks,
Ian Suttle
http://www.IanSuttle.com

Kevin Spencer

Apparently, your web server isn't supporting ASP.Net 1.1. Check your web
server. You can install ASP.Net (whatever version) by using
aspnet_regiis.exe /i - a command-line utility found in the version folder of
the .Net platform version you want to load onto your web server.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer