XCOPY deployment of Crystal Report Generator VS.NET 2002-2003

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark Roberts, Jul 2, 2003.

  1. Mark Roberts

    Mark Roberts Guest

    Hello,

    I've been using Visual Studio 2002 for a year now. We have just move
    to VS 2003, and Crystal Reports are proving to be a problem.

    I am getting the error

    File or assembly name CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, or one
    of its dependencies, was not found.

    When deploying to the server. Now, I know from other postings that
    this is because Crystal has been updated with VS 2003.

    The question is this: Exactly what steps do I have to do to deploy the
    updated Crystal Components to the server. In the spirit of .NET, this
    would involve XCOPYing some file - NOT creating setup routines, etc.

    Can someone give me simple instructions?

    Much appreciated,
    Mark.

    Mark Roberts, Jul 2, 2003