    xml schemas. Can somebody help me???

    thanks,
    Radhika.

    Radhika, Jun 6, 2004

  2. Radhika

    Saqib Ali Guest

    > I am looking for some java based, opensource xml editors which support
    > xml schemas. Can somebody help me???

    By "support xml schema" do mean:

    1) You can use the editor to write an XML Schema; or
    2) The editor should be able to validate against a XML schema

    Here is a commercial Java based XML editor that may be what you are
    looking for: http://www.oxygenxml.com/

    Here are some other XML editors:
    http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/#19

    In peace,
    Saqib Ali
    http://validate.sf.net

    Saqib Ali, Jun 7, 2004

  3. Radhika

    Radhika Guest

    (Saqib Ali) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > I am looking for some java based, opensource xml editors which support
    > > xml schemas. Can somebody help me???

    > By "support xml schema" do mean:
    >
    > 1) You can use the editor to write an XML Schema; or
    > 2) The editor should be able to validate against a XML schema
    >
    > Here is a commercial Java based XML editor that may be what you are
    > looking for: http://www.oxygenxml.com/
    >
    > Here are some other XML editors:
    > http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/#19
    >
    > In peace,
    > Saqib Ali
    > http://validate.sf.net

    Thanks Saqib, I meant the editor should be able to validate against a
    XML schema, something like oxygenxml, but opensource.

    Radhika, Jun 7, 2004
  4. On 6 Jun 2004 22:21:21 -0700, Radhika <> wrote:

    > (Saqib Ali) wrote in message
    >> > I am looking for some java based, opensource xml editors which support
    >> > xml schemas. Can somebody help me???

    >> By "support xml schema" do mean:
    >>
    >> 1) You can use the editor to write an XML Schema; or
    >> 2) The editor should be able to validate against a XML schema
    >>
    >> Here is a commercial Java based XML editor that may be what you are
    >> looking for: http://www.oxygenxml.com/
    >>
    >> Here are some other XML editors:
    >> http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/#19
    >>

    > Thanks Saqib, I meant the editor should be able to validate against a
    > XML schema, something like oxygenxml, but opensource.

    Not OpenSource, but the best XML-Editor I have ever seen is XML-Spy
    from Altova (http://www.xmlspy.com/). You can test it for 30 days and
    the smallest edition is not so expensive AFAIR.

    I have tested several OpenSource-Editors, but compared to XML-Spy
    they all s**k - most notably in the usability department.

    HTH,
    Gerald

    Gerald Aichholzer, Jun 7, 2004
  5. Sebastian Bossung, Jun 7, 2004
  6. /Radhika/:

    > I am looking for some java based, opensource xml editors which support
    > xml schemas. Can somebody help me???

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmen/

    Haven't looked at it closely, though.

    --
    Stanimir

    Stanimir Stamenkov, Jun 7, 2004
  7. Radhika

    Jerzy Piorun Guest

    Jerzy Piorun, Jun 8, 2004
  8. Maybe the XML Editor that comes with the open source Exchanger XML Browser
    (MPL) might be what you're looking for, it allows for validation against
    DTDs and XML Schemas.

    Please have a look at http://www.xngr.org/

    Or try the new version of the Exchanger XML Editor (free evaluation).
    http://www.exchangerxml.com/

    Regards,
    Edwin Dankert
    Cladonia Ltd.
    http://www.cladonia.com/

    Edwin Dankert, Jun 8, 2004

    http://www.editix.com

    --
    If the Internet is a Marx Brothers movie, and Web, e-mail, and IRC are
    Groucho, Chico, and Harpo, then Usenet is Zeppo.

    Berislav Lopac, Jun 8, 2004