xsi:nil="true" in parameter definition?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Jaime Stuardo, Oct 6, 2005.

  1. Hi everybody,

    I have this structure definitions in a webservice:

    public struct ReembType
    {
    public double porcentaje;
    public double monto;
    }

    public struct prestacion
    {
    public string codigo;
    public double copago;
    public ReembType reembolso;
    };

    public struct PersonType
    {
    public long rut;
    public char dv;
    };

    public struct TransType
    {
    public DateTime fecha;
    public long numero_bono;
    public string codigo_isapre;
    public string error;
    };

    public struct QueryType
    {
    public PersonType titular;
    public PersonType beneficiario;
    public TransType transaccion;
    public prestacion[] prestaciones;
    };

    One of the input parameters of a web method is of QueryType type.

    When I see the SOAP protocol definition, I get this:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <soap:Body>
    <Consulta xmlns="http://security.cl/">
    <datos>
    <titular>
    <rut>long</rut>
    <dv>char</dv>
    </titular>
    <beneficiario>
    <rut>long</rut>
    <dv>char</dv>
    </beneficiario>
    <transaccion>
    <fecha>dateTime</fecha>
    <numero_bono>long</numero_bono>
    <codigo_isapre>string</codigo_isapre>
    <error>string</error>
    </transaccion>
    <prestaciones>
    <prestacion>
    <codigo>string</codigo>
    <copago>double</copago>
    <reembolso xsi:nil="true" />
    </prestacion>
    <prestacion>
    <codigo>string</codigo>
    <copago>double</copago>
    <reembolso xsi:nil="true" />
    </prestacion>
    </prestaciones>
    </datos>
    </Consulta>
    </soap:Body>
    </soap:Envelope>

    Why does reembolso parameter is shown as xsi:nil="true"? what does it mean?
    how can I make it to be shown he same way as, for example, titular type?

    Thanks in advance
    Jaime

    Jaime Stuardo, Oct 6, 2005