    sadly :(

    Many thanks

    Lee

    Lee Jackson, Dec 17, 2004

  2. Lee Jackson <> writes:

    > Hi peeps,
    > Ive a project which has finally required me to use XSL-FO in some
    > depth. Ive got some VERY simple MathML in the documents which I need
    > to render as fractions but Im having a heck of a time with it.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest some simple XSL-FO code to render a fraction
    > please?
    >
    > And commercial solutions such as Anntenas are not an option for this
    > sadly :(
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Lee

    what FO are you using, I only know two free ones passivetex which
    implements a subset of FO but also implements a rather large subset of
    presentation mathml, so you could use that, or FOP, I think FOP has some
    SVG support doesn't it?

    If you want displayed fractions rather than inline you could use an FO
    table together with a rule decoration on one of the rows, I suppose.

    David

    David Carlisle, Dec 17, 2004

  3. Lee Jackson

    Lee Jackson Guest

    On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:43:49 GMT, David Carlisle <>
    wrote:

    >Lee Jackson <> writes:
    >
    >> Hi peeps,
    >> Ive a project which has finally required me to use XSL-FO in some
    >> depth. Ive got some VERY simple MathML in the documents which I need
    >> to render as fractions but Im having a heck of a time with it.
    >>
    >> Can anyone suggest some simple XSL-FO code to render a fraction
    >> please?
    >>
    >> And commercial solutions such as Anntenas are not an option for this
    >> sadly :(
    >>
    >> Many thanks
    >>
    >> Lee

    >what FO are you using, I only know two free ones passivetex which
    >implements a subset of FO but also implements a rather large subset of
    >presentation mathml, so you could use that, or FOP, I think FOP has some
    >SVG support doesn't it?
    >
    >If you want displayed fractions rather than inline you could use an FO
    >table together with a rule decoration on one of the rows, I suppose.
    >
    >David

    Im using FOP. MathML --> SVG eh? A possibility although the use of
    tables is a good idea also. I must admit that Im looking for a simple
    shortcut on this though since Im out of time with the project. Shame
    it aint SGML ;)

    Many thanks

    Lee

    Lee Jackson, Dec 17, 2004

  4. > MathML --> SVG eh

    there are a few existing projects for that (google will lead you
    there:) but if it really is just a few fractions probably as easy to
    just hand code a bit of xsl...

    David

    David Carlisle, Dec 17, 2004