XSL-FO...Fractions?

Lee Jackson

Hi peeps,
Ive a project which has finally required me to use XSL-FO in some
depth. Ive got some VERY simple MathML in the documents which I need
to render as fractions but Im having a heck of a time with it.

Can anyone suggest some simple XSL-FO code to render a fraction
please?

And commercial solutions such as Anntenas are not an option for this
sadly :(

Many thanks

Lee

David Carlisle

Lee Jackson said:
Hi peeps,
Ive a project which has finally required me to use XSL-FO in some
depth. Ive got some VERY simple MathML in the documents which I need
to render as fractions but Im having a heck of a time with it.

Can anyone suggest some simple XSL-FO code to render a fraction
please?

And commercial solutions such as Anntenas are not an option for this
sadly :(

Many thanks

Lee

what FO are you using, I only know two free ones passivetex which
implements a subset of FO but also implements a rather large subset of
presentation mathml, so you could use that, or FOP, I think FOP has some
SVG support doesn't it?

If you want displayed fractions rather than inline you could use an FO
table together with a rule decoration on one of the rows, I suppose.

David

Lee Jackson

what FO are you using, I only know two free ones passivetex which
implements a subset of FO but also implements a rather large subset of
presentation mathml, so you could use that, or FOP, I think FOP has some
SVG support doesn't it?

If you want displayed fractions rather than inline you could use an FO
table together with a rule decoration on one of the rows, I suppose.

David

Im using FOP. MathML --> SVG eh? A possibility although the use of
tables is a good idea also. I must admit that Im looking for a simple
shortcut on this though since Im out of time with the project. Shame
it aint SGML ;)

Many thanks

Lee

David Carlisle

MathML --> SVG eh

there are a few existing projects for that (google will lead you
there:) but if it really is just a few fractions probably as easy to
just hand code a bit of xsl...

David