    What version of ZoneAlarm seems to work well with VS.NET? Any ideas where I
    can dl an older version and not use the newest one?

    Thanks!
    VB Programmer, Jan 19, 2005

  2. ZoneAlarm is known to cause problems with ASP.NET:

    "Configure your antivirus software so that it does not scan .asax and
    ..config files."

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316148

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jan 19, 2005

  3. Does this apply to zone alarm too? or just anti-virus software?

    Which Firewall do you use? Is the XP SP2 one good enough?

    Thanks

    VB Programmer, Jan 19, 2005
  4. I use Norton anti-virus and a Linksys hardware router/firewall. No problems
    with that combo.

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jan 19, 2005