ZoneAlarm hanging ASPX page in debug mode

VB Programmer

Running ZoneAlarm version 5.1.033.000 because the newest version (as you all
know) hangs up ASP.NET in development mode.

Anyways, I'm developing a project and most pages work fine, when debugging,
but when I try to open a connection to a SQL Server db (via Data Appliation
Blocks) the page (and VS.NET really) hangs badly. As a test I stopped
ZoneAlarm and it's completely better. Any ideas what could be going on?

What version of ZoneAlarm seems to work well with VS.NET? Any ideas where I
can dl an older version and not use the newest one?

Thanks!

VB Programmer

Does this apply to zone alarm too? or just anti-virus software?

Which Firewall do you use? Is the XP SP2 one good enough?

Thanks

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

I use Norton anti-virus and a Linksys hardware router/firewall. No problems
with that combo.