[1/2OT] a buggy TCP client program

Flash Gordon

Richard Heathfield wrote, On 19/12/07 08:32:
santosh said:

What he is learning from these corrections is that his obfuscatory
strategem is counter-productive - he is not getting the help he seeks
because people can't be bothered to decode his source.

He would learn it just as well if no one responded to him.

Richard

I have a whole section for the OP in my killfile; it looks like it's
time to add another line to it.

dave
(I do occasionally clean out my killfile, but known repeat offenders
stay in)

Nobody gives a damn who or what you killfile or for how long. Your
killfile usage is OT.

Tor Rustad

Richard said:
santosh said:

What he is learning from these corrections is that his obfuscatory
strategem is counter-productive

If x is time, and y axis measure C knowledge of OP, my approximation of
f(x), is a linear function where

f'(x) = 0

Kenny McCormack

RoS said:

Before you go anywhere near networking code, take a few classes on how to
write code legibly. When you deliberately make the code harder to read
than it should be, you deter many people from wasting their time reading
it.

I believe there is a flaw in your logic. If it is indeed a waste of
time to read his code (and I think you are right that it is), then he is
doing you a service by using these silly defines, since it makes it
easier for you to ignore the post. I.e., it deters you from wasting
your time, which is doing you a favor.