1 byte for character

pete

Keith said:
I don't think that's the point. Character *constants* are of type
int, but objects of type char are (obviously) of type char (which is
an integer type), which I think is more relevant to what the OP was
asking.

Just to add to the frivolity, there was also some confusion about the
distinction between "integer" and "int". int is a single specific
type; integer types include int, short, long, and the character types.

I think he was confused about type int expressions
representing char values.
"But integers requires 2 bytes and the characters require only 1 byte."