2-man basement software company seeks feedback

Chris Thiessen

Hi, I'm Chris Thiessen.

My partner and I need your help. We're finishing up what we
think is a great compliment to the core Java API's, but we need
feedback from other developers. We'd really appreciate it if you
could spare 5-10 minutes to fill out a survey and help us shape our
creation to your needs. Those who do so before November 1 will get
a free license when the product is released.

The high-points:
- Enhanced, type-safe collections (for int, char, etc.)
- Simplified I/O
- Functions
- 10-100x reflection speedup
- Tuples
- Easy license terms
- Comes with source code

The survey is at: www.kataba.com/survey/Survey.asp

Thank you,

Chris Thiessen
Founder
Kataba Software
www.kataba.com

Roedy Green

The only person who could answer that survey in any meaningful way
would be someone who had used your package. The short descriptions
are too vague to be able to form a meaningful opinion.

Try rephrasing the questions not to require knowledge of or evaluation
of your product. People can answer that honestly. E.g.

Would you be willing to switch to a simpler i/o scheme than the
standard I/O classes?

Do you often have need of collections for primitives such as int?

Perhaps you might try to figure out why people would not even evaluate
your product.

e.g. concerns that they may be screwed later Oracle style with ever
higher licensing fees.

concerns that their code will balloon with classes duplicating Sun
ones.

Concerns over not having source code. What happens if you disappear?

Chris Thiessen

Thanks for your suggestions, Roedy. I've made some changes to the survey to
reflect the concerns you had.

1. I more clearly ask about people's need for a set of features.
2. I explain that questions may be left unanswered if necessary.
3. I added a section asking what concerns might prevent people from using a
product such as this.

We will be offering the product with very liberal licensing:
- comes with source code
- you can distribute modifications
- free and uncrippled for evaluation and non-commercial use.

Thanks,
Chris Thiessen
Founder
Kataba Software
www.kataba.com

Definitions of "Kataba"
in Arabic: to write
in Japanese: a tool used in fine carpentry