2005 Differences in a nutshell?

Tina

I've now downloaded and installed vs.net 2005 and I see lots of
documentation and I see some isolated articles on new features. But is
there a what's new oriented set of docs anywhere? Something that
comprehensively covers differences from 2003 to 2005? vs.net, the
framework, for an asp.net developer?

Thanks,

Kevin Spencer

The documentation has this information. It's not all in one place, though.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
You can lead a fish to a bicycle,
but it takes a very long time,
and the bicycle has to *want* to change.

Tina

Thanks Kevin,
I'll start sequentially reading through the docs and I'm sure your are
right. I'll eventually come to see everything I need.

Kevin Spencer

That's pretty much what I had to do, Tina.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
You can lead a fish to a bicycle,
but it takes a very long time,
and the bicycle has to *want* to change.

albert braun

"Introducing Microsoft Asp.Net 2.0" by Dino Esposito covers the ASP.NET
framework related changes (but does not really focus on VS 2005
changes). Check the table of contents out at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/073...162-4015018?_encoding=UTF8&p=S008#reader-page

FWIW, I think the new Intellisense features in VS 2005 (which work in
config files) increase productivity quite significantly.

Also, ASP.NET 2.0's use of partial classes to separate out the control
declaration code from your code behind files is nice too. At first you
might not realize it's happening.