2D and 3D plotting libraries

T. Crane

Hi,

I am looking for a good plotting library. I intend to do 3D surface
plots, 2D contour, 3D waterfall, etc. Right now I have access to
National Instruments' Measurement Studio, and it's supposed to provide
some plotting classes, but I've never used it.

Does anyone have any experience with NI's Meas. Studio? Can someone
suggest a good plotting library that I might want to use instead of
Meas. Studio? Is there a community standard?

I'm used to working with MATLAB and/or matplotlib (for Python), so
anything that's similar in functionality to those implementations is a
plus, though matplotlib doesn't offer much 3D support.

Just looking around I found Visualization Toolkit -- anyone have
experience with this?

Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

thanks,
trevis