2D and 3D plotting libraries

Discussion in 'C++' started by T. Crane, Aug 15, 2007.

  1. T. Crane

    T. Crane Guest

    Hi,

    I am looking for a good plotting library. I intend to do 3D surface
    plots, 2D contour, 3D waterfall, etc. Right now I have access to
    National Instruments' Measurement Studio, and it's supposed to provide
    some plotting classes, but I've never used it.

    Does anyone have any experience with NI's Meas. Studio? Can someone
    suggest a good plotting library that I might want to use instead of
    Meas. Studio? Is there a community standard?

    I'm used to working with MATLAB and/or matplotlib (for Python), so
    anything that's similar in functionality to those implementations is a
    plus, though matplotlib doesn't offer much 3D support.

    Just looking around I found Visualization Toolkit -- anyone have
    experience with this?

    Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

    thanks,
    trevis