    Python

    Cheers
    Ben

    Benjamin Blundell, Dec 31, 2008

  2. Benjamin Blundell

    Python Guest

    Hey Ben,

    dunno if this is exactly what you;re looking for,
    yet you could have a look at Blender
    http://blender.org/
    http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Scripts

    it's an open source 3D application and has a python
    scripting engine... (just like maya from Autodesk)

    gr
    Arno

    Python, Dec 31, 2008

  3. Sorry, I should have explained a little more. I've used Blender quite
    a bit and its an ace program.

    But what im after is a set of tools for creating a visualisation
    program. A while ago, we used QT with the OpenGL plugins and this
    library:

    http://www.libqglviewer.com/

    Essentially, you mashed these 3 together and you got a proper OpenGL
    window with basic mouse looks, picks and all the rest of the
    'standard' stuff you cant be arsed coding for the 15th time or so ;)
    Model loading is also supported from a small array of formats.

    im not uber keen that it has to be opengl but im sure there must be a
    similar set of python libs out there. PyGame isnt a bad one at all but
    its graphic manipulation routines can be a pain (rotations) and its 2D
    only but its certainly along the right lines.

    Cheers
    Ben

    Benjamin Blundell, Dec 31, 2008
  4. Benjamin Blundell

    Stef Mientki Guest

    Maybe VPython (Visual) or Panda fits your needs.
    cheers,
    Stef

    Stef Mientki, Dec 31, 2008
  5. Benjamin Blundell

    Mirage Guest

    I second that. Panda3D is awesome in so many ways.

    Mirage, Dec 31, 2008