404 Error using WebDev.WebServer in VS.NET 2005

Guest

I am using VS.NET 2005 Beta 2 and I am trying to use the built in development
Web server (WebDev.WebServer.exe) to run and debug my ASP.NET app locally.
However, when I start the project either in debug mode or even after I have
published I get a 404 error. Reading other online posts, I have found the
following that will allow me to start the development Web server from the
command line:
start /B WebDev.WebServer /path:C:\Projects\Compiled\MyApp\ /vpath:/ /port:8081

This starts the Web server but it still reports a 404 when looking for
default.aspx even though there is a default.aspx in the directory.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-B

Guest

I have done some research on this and some people have been pointing to NTLM
authentication. I have followed the instructions and disabled NTLM
authentication from within VS 2005 but I am still having the same issues.

The issue is that I am running the development Web server (WebDev.WebServer)
that is available with VS 05 Beta 2 and even though I have a full directory
structure with necessary resources (default.aspx, related source files,
compiled code, etc) I am receiving a 404 error when I request any page in the
application.

Thanks again for any direction anyone can offer.