404 not found

Aleks Kleyn

I use windows vista, iis7. my asp page worked fine until recently. but it
stopped to work, reporting http 404 not found. file exists. what may be the
reason.

Kevin Spencer

Check the IIS log for details.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP

Printing Components, Email Components,
http://www.miradyne.net

Guest

Check the IIS log for details.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP

Printing Components, Email Components,
DSI PrintManager, Miradyne Component Libraries:http://www.miradyne.net

I guess, IIS doesn't allow that file extension and you have to
configure it.
What file do you call?

Kevin Spencer

I guess, IIS doesn't allow that file extension and you have to
configure it.
What file do you call?

What makes you guess that? Can you quote the IIS log file?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP

Printing Components, Email Components,
http://www.miradyne.net

George Ter-Saakov

In Win 2003 if file has an unknown Mime type (determined by file extension)
allowed to server from IIS then it will return 404.

George.

Guest

In Win 2003 if file has an unknown Mime type (determined by file extension)
allowed to server from IIS then it will return 404.

The same with IIS 7.

If an error occured with ASPX-file, I would try

aspnet_regiis.exe -i