77,000 and still counting - unbelievable

Travis Newbury

Pistol said:
Need you be reminded that in a democracy it's the *MAJORITY* that rules?
Quite plainly the *MAJORITY* of Americans do support the "president".

Were not a democracy, we are a republic. But that is neither here or
there. Yes, The majority did support the President. Sorry you disagree
with our policies. But it never seems to stop anyone when they come
running to us for a handout. We could probably use the 19 billion we
alloted for foreign aid this year aid at home, but we won't . Despite
what people like you think, we are still the most benevolent country the
world has ever seen.

My advice.
Live somewhere else.
Otherwise you can just keep rolling along with the 'majority'.

Why would I want to live anywhere else?

Karl Core

Pistol Grip said:
Need you be reminded that in a democracy it's the *MAJORITY* that rules?
Quite plainly the *MAJORITY* of Americans do support the "president".

First, it was a majority of voters, and it was a slim majority.

My advice.
Live somewhere else.
Otherwise you can just keep rolling along with the 'majority'.

Or, I could use my brain (unlike you) and understand that 8 years of George
Bush does not negate the worth of the entire country.
Why don't you go ahead and tell all the Germans posting here that they're
bad because of the things Hitler did? Its just absurd to take a few years
of a country's history and tell everyone they're bad people because they're
from that country. It is out and out xenophobia and it is sickening. Are
you a racist, too?

WebMaster

Viper said:
Why donate? They reported on the news that people are dressing up like
releif workers and police and going through DEAD peoples pockets and luggage
and taking cash and other valuables. Plus with all the cheating that area of
the world does at PPC and PTRE sites and the jobs they have taken from the
US they should have more than enough.

Bush said the US may end up giving $1Billion!!! Couldnt the HOMELESS and
POOR here in the USA use that?

"But critics noted that the U.S. aid so far is about the equivalent of
what the United States spends in seven hours for its military
operations in Iraq. 'We spend $35 million before breakfast every day
in Iraq,' said Sen. Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.), a member of the Senate
Appropriations Committee."You're saying ?-- Rudyhttp://www.rol.be-- Het
spreekwoord zegt: "wie zoekt, die vindt",maar het zegt niet waar men moet
zoeken...

Travis Newbury

WebMaster said:
"But critics noted that the U.S. aid so far is about the equivalent of
what the United States spends in seven hours for its military
operations in Iraq. 'We spend $35 million before breakfast every day
in Iraq,' said Sen. Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.), a member of the Senate
Appropriations Committee."You're saying ?-- Rudyhttp://www.rol.be-- Het
spreekwoord zegt: "wie zoekt, die vindt",maar het zegt niet waar men moet
zoeken...

And critics also know full well how much we spend on Iraq is completely
irrelevant to how much aid we sent to this disaster. Making such a
comparison is for showboating. The amount is also equivalent to what
the US government will spend on foreign aid every 12 hours of 2005
(that's not counting the personal donations made by individuals and
charities in the US). He could have made that comparison. He choose
the one he did for political showboating. But it is the way politics
works. Liberals do it, Conservatives do it and, those in the middle do it.

On a different note. I find it VERY interesting to be viewing one of
the largest natural disasters in human history. Do you (not you
personally) realize this is like watching Pompeii or Krakatoa, or
possibly the great flood.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Travis Newbury scribbled in the mud:
On a different note. I find it VERY interesting to be viewing one of
the largest natural disasters in human history. Do you (not you
personally) realize this is like watching Pompeii or Krakatoa, or
possibly the great flood.

1998 Bangladesh: worst flood in the century, two-thirds of the country were
submerged for more than three months, 30 million people were affected,
10,000 miles of roads, 14,000 school buildings and 500,000 homes were
damaged; about 1,000 people died.
1332 China, Yellow River flood, up to 7 million people died
http://tinyurl.com/3mm8q

In 1970, 300,000 people died in a cyclone and just three years after the
1988 cyclone - another struck, killing an estimated 140,000 people.
http://tinyurl.com/62ahe

An earthquake that hit the Kanto Plain, Japan, on September 1, 1923,
destroyed an estimated 575,000 dwellings in Tokyo and Yokohama. The
official total of people killed and missing in the quake and its resultant
fires was 142,807.
http://tinyurl.com/5hp9p

WebMaster

Travis Newbury said:
And critics also know full well how much we spend on Iraq is completely
irrelevant to how much aid we sent to this disaster. Making such a
comparison is for showboating.

Is it? It may be so, but it is also the truth, no?
So the money spended in Iraq could very well be used to do more honorable
things....

The amount is also equivalent to what
the US government will spend on foreign aid every 12 hours of 2005
(that's not counting the personal donations made by individuals and
charities in the US).

I do not doubt that a lot of people in the us are doing the best they can to
help in one way or another.
My reaction was a reaction on what viper wrote. No more, no less...

He could have made that comparison. He choose
the one he did for political showboating. But it is the way politics
works. Liberals do it, Conservatives do it and, those in the middle do it.

I do not particularly like politicians. Scum of the earth, most of them, as
far as I'm concerned. I dislike the military even worse :)
On a different note. I find it VERY interesting to be viewing one of
the largest natural disasters in human history. Do you (not you
personally) realize this is like watching Pompeii or Krakatoa, or
possibly the great flood.

Yes, I realize this. I hope this is the last time I have to view such a
thing...

Rudy

Steve Sobol

Karl said:
Need I remind your stupid ass that not all Americans support our President's
actions?

I already did, and she conveniently ignored me (as far as I can tell, it's
difficult to know for sure with five gazillion posts in this thread).

Again, Pistol, please stop being a fuckhead.

Steve Sobol

Pistol said:
Need you be reminded that in a democracy it's the *MAJORITY* that rules?

First, the US isn't a democracy, it's a republic.

Second, we have an incredibly lame system whereby after the popular vote is
taken, a ridiculously small number of people that form the electoral college
*supposedly* vote based on the popular vote and actually elect the president.
While the likelihood that the electoral vote WON'T follow the popular vote is
small, it HAS happened.
Quite plainly the *MAJORITY* of Americans do support the "president".

Quite plainly? I don't think so. Significant controversy has surrounded the
last two elections. I'm sure you heard about Florida in 2000. This year, the
Republicans seemed to have gotten votes from nonexistent voters in Ohio.

And it was most obvious in my hometown, Cleveland, Ohio, which has ALWAYS been
a Democratic stronghold. For example, Beachwood, a suburb of Cleveland where I
grew up, supposedly had about 15,000 voters voting for Bush - either that, or
15,000 total - doesn't matter... y'know what the population of Beachwood is?
About 12,000 people.

Obviously you are ranting without having a clue about what you're talking about.
If you *choose to live* in a crack house and you *know* they're dealing
crack, you're guilty of a crime. Period.

So all of the US is a crack house? Your analogy stinks.
That's law in most democracies I've lived in.

In a true democracy we wouldn't have elected representatives. The US
constituents don't typically get to affect public policy, it's the political
action committees and special interest groups with the money to bribe (uh,
influence, sorry) Congress that shape the laws.
Doesn't matter if you 'object'. Moot point. There's no 'sort of' guilty
on the issue. You either are or you aren't. Yes, there are 'degrees' of
sentencing, but only after a guilty verdict.

It's like saying "I knew the house was full of crack dealers, but I was
the good guy your honor, because I 'objected' to it. (laughs all around)

My advice.
Live somewhere else.

My advice:

1. Kiss my big, fat, hairy, American ass.
2. Learn how our system works.
3. Shut up and go away. 'Tis better to be thought an idiot, etc., etc.

Brendan Taylor

alloted for foreign aid this year aid at home, but we won't . Despite
what people like you think, we are still the most benevolent country the
world has ever seen.

Most benevolent world power perhaps. Even if it's true, being better than
everybody else doesn't make you good.

Pistol Grip

Steve Sobol said:
First, the US isn't a democracy...

Now you're getting it... but then you just kept writing didn't you?
Second, we have an incredibly lame system whereby after the popular vote is
taken, a ridiculously small number of people that form the electoral college
*supposedly* vote based on the popular vote and actually elect the president.
While the likelihood that the electoral vote WON'T follow the popular vote is
small, it HAS happened.

LOL. So the electoral college is kind of like 'proxy' voters isn't it?
Which, in a slightly different way, is like saying your electoral
college is a 'metaphor' for all the 'little people'?

hmmm "metaphor"...
Like the metaphor that says a crack house dweller who's aware of
criminal behavior and *fails* to remedy that behavior equates to
condoning that behavior. (I noted how artfully you deconstructed that
legality... or wait a sec... you didn't. )
Quite plainly? I don't think so. Significant controversy has surrounded the
last two elections. I'm sure you heard about Florida in 2000. This year, the
Republicans seemed to have gotten votes from nonexistent voters in Ohio.

Yeh. So? What are you doing about it? Whining on a NG? Wow. All you're
inadvertently doing here is demonstrating a truism behind those
laughable "low productivity" beefs that drive I.T. jobs offshore.
Maybe if more Americans who 'didn't agree' spent less time on their
daily commute or posting on NG's and more staging sit downs in their
elected representatives offices, the rest of us laughing at their
impotence could, as you say, "just go away".

LOL

SpaceGirl

Duende said:
While sitting in a puddle Robert Morien scribbled in the mud:

Major cause, immoral life styles.

Immoral life styles D? Care to explain that one?

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

SpaceGirl

GreyWyvern said:
As un-PC as it sounds at first listen, unfortunately what D says is
true. Outside of third-world countries, without the homosexual and
bisexual community, AIDS would not have spread nearly as fast.
However, whether you term these lifestyles as "immoral" is completely
at your own discretion...

Grey

what totaly crap!!!! *shakes her head*

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

SpaceGirl

Neal said:
I assume he's implying that you get AIDS only by buggering gay men and
the odd sheep. A common misconception.

That's what I thought he meant, but I actually though he was a smart
educated man. I guess I was mistaken.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Neal

That's what I thought he meant, but I actually though he was a smart
educated man. I guess I was mistaken.

Well, it wasn't very long ago that most smart, educated men had no idea
that a very large percentage of AIDS patients have done nothing considered
inherently immoral -- especially wives who have simply had relations with
their own husbands.

Travis Newbury

Neal said:
Well, it wasn't very long ago that most smart, educated men had no idea
that a very large percentage of AIDS patients have done nothing considered
inherently immoral -- especially wives who have simply had relations with
their own husbands.

Well the wife contracted due to immoral lifestyles (according to man
ymmv if it is immoral or not). A double dose actually. Dose #1 =
cheeting on the wife. Dose #2 possibly from a homosexual relationship.
Your point is good, but a bad choice of an example.