9.2 AQ trigger using JMS .... creating 2 rows in my AQ table!

Hello.

(the JMS part of this questions is at the bottom)

I have a trigger that's creating two rows in my AQ table, when I
believe it should only be one.

Here's a part of it:

CREATE OR REPLACE trigger order_queue
AFTER UPDATE
OF status_id
ON my_order
FOR EACH ROW
WHEN (new.status_id = 8)
dbms_aq.enqueue(queue_name => 'jms_bytes_que',
enqueue_options => enqueue_options,
message_properties => message_properties,
payload => message,
msgid => msgid);

The only difference in the 2 rows that get entered is the step_no
field: one row = 0 and the other = 1.

Is it my lack of JMS understanding that's causing this? I believe
step_no is part of the JMS requirement.

thanks.

steve

[...]

you lucky boy , but this should be posted to an ORACLE group, this is teh
java group