__postback datagrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by leonidmk, Aug 19, 2012.

  1. leonidmk

    leonidmk

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I want my datagrid rows to be clickable, so that a button column is
    fired when my user clicks anywhere on a row. Using Google, I figured out
    how to do it, but it only works after row 8. From row 9 on, the next
    page opens properly, but clicking rows 1 through 8 does nothing - the
    dopostback fires, but the page does not change. If I remove this code,
    the button column works fine. This sub seems to be disabling rows 1-8
    for some reason.

    Here's my sub:

    Protected Sub DataGrid_ItemCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs)
    e.Item.Attributes.Add("onclick",
    "javascript:__doPostBack('dgrDataGrid$ctl" & _
    (e.Item.ItemIndex + 2) & _
    "$ctl00','')")
    end sub

    leonidmk, Aug 19, 2012