__dopostback only does what I want after row 8

Arch

I want my datagrid rows to be clickable, so that a button column is
fired when my user clicks anywhere on a row. Using Google, I figured out
how to do it, but it only works after row 8. From row 9 on, the next
page opens properly, but clicking rows 1 through 8 does nothing - the
dopostback fires, but the page does not change. If I remove this code,
the button column works fine. This sub seems to be disabling rows 1-8
for some reason.

Here's my sub:

Protected Sub DataGrid_ItemCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs)
e.Item.Attributes.Add("onclick",
"javascript:__doPostBack('dgrDataGrid$ctl" & _
(e.Item.ItemIndex + 2) & _
"$ctl00','')")
end sub

I don't even know how to Google this problem. Can anyone tell me why
this code should kill the functionality of my button column on the first
few rows?

As always, thanks.

Joined
Aug 12, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi Arch,

I have exactly the same problem as you had.
My click event of DataGrid does not work from the first row.
I spend all day to find out what the problem is. Unfortunately no success.

Can you please let me know what the problem was in your case?

Thank you,

Leon