dopostback problem with datagrids

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Arch, Dec 6, 2009.

  1. Arch

    Arch Guest

    I want my datagrid rows to be clickable, so that a button column is
    fired when my user clicks anywhere on a row. Using Google, I figured out
    how to do it, but it only works after row 8. From row 9 on, the next
    page opens properly, but clicking rows 1 through 8 does nothing - the
    dopostback fires, but the page does not change. If I remove this code,
    the button column works fine. This sub seems to be disabling rows 1-8
    for some reason.

    Here's my sub:

    Protected Sub DataGrid_ItemCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs)
    e.Item.Attributes.Add("onclick",
    "javascript:__doPostBack('dgrDataGrid$ctl" & _
    (e.Item.ItemIndex + 2) & _
    "$ctl00','')")
    end sub

    I don't even know how to Google this problem. Can anyone tell me why
    this code should kill the functionality of my button column on the first
    few rows?

    As always, thanks.

    Arch, Dec 6, 2009

  2. Arch

    Arch Guest

    Never mind, figured it out. Life is good.

    Arch, Dec 6, 2009