A little off topic but..

Tan Thuan Seah

Hi all,

I just finishing code my program in C++ and wxWindow and I would like to
create a installer for it. I don't really know what dll it uses, is there
anyway I can create an installer for it and can be sure it can run on any
windows pc? Does any installer trace what files your program is dependent
on? By the way, I am looking for something free(it's a student project,
can't afford to use commercial tools on this). Thanks.

Thuan Seah

Victor Bazarov

Tan Thuan Seah said:
I just finishing code my program in C++ and wxWindow and I would like to
create a installer for it. I don't really know what dll it uses, is there
anyway I can create an installer for it and can be sure it can run on any
windows pc? Does any installer trace what files your program is dependent
on? By the way, I am looking for something free(it's a student project,
can't afford to use commercial tools on this). Thanks.

Since you're asking about an installer on Windows PC, then the best
place to seek answers to that is comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32,
probably. Try it, it won't hurt.

Tan Thuan Seah

Thanks for the redirection.

Thuan Seah

Victor Bazarov said:
Since you're asking about an installer on Windows PC, then the best
place to seek answers to that is comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32,
probably. Try it, it won't hurt.

JKop

Tan Thuan Seah posted:
Hi all,

I just finishing code my program in C++ and wxWindow and I would like
create a installer for it. I don't really know what dll it uses, is
there anyway I can create an installer for it and can be sure it can
run on any windows pc? Does any installer trace what files your program
is dependent on? By the way, I am looking for something free(it's a
student project, can't afford to use commercial tools on this). Thanks.

Thuan Seah

www.dependencywalker.com

not 100% on the spelling there, might be "dependAncy".

-JKop