A Poll

Laurent Sansonetti

Hello group. Please take a minute to satisfy my idle curiousity. I'll
tabulate and post the results in a few days. Two questions:

1. Do you use Ruby in your "day job"?
a.) Yes! Lots!
b.) Some.
c.) I little bit when I can get away with it.
d.) I wish!

2. What are your one or two principal programming languages other than
Ruby?

1. c
2. Objective-C

Laurent

James Edward Gray II

Hello group. Please take a minute to satisfy my idle curiousity. I'll
tabulate and post the results in a few days. Two questions:

1. Do you use Ruby in your "day job"?

It's been C for me until recently, but I just got contracted for my
first Rails job. ;)
2. What are your one or two principal programming languages other than
Ruby?

Java and Perl.

James Edward Gray II

Jim Burton

Hello group. Please take a minute to satisfy my idle curiousity. I'll
tabulate and post the results in a few days. Two questions:

1. Do you use Ruby in your "day job"?
a.) Yes! Lots!
b.) Some.
c.) I little bit when I can get away with it.
d.) I wish!

c, but this is due to me being new to ruby (nobody stopping me using
it more), it will be b before long I should think
2. What are your one or two principal programming languages other than
Ruby?

I'll go first.

1. c.)

2. C# and Java

C++, Java

Ezra Zygmuntowicz

--Apple-Mail-7-329913747

1. c wishing for at least b
2. php and python (hoping to ditch both of these as hard as possible!)
Hello group. Please take a minute to satisfy my idle curiousity. I'll
tabulate and post the results in a few days. Two questions:

1. Do you use Ruby in your "day job"?
a.) Yes! Lots!
b.) Some.
c.) I little bit when I can get away with it.
d.) I wish!

2. What are your one or two principal programming languages other than
Ruby?

I'll go first.

1. c.)

2. C# and Java
-Ezra Zygmuntowicz
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster
509-577-7732
(e-mail address removed)

--Apple-Mail-7-329913747--

Iwan van der Kleyn

jeem said:
Hello group. Please take a minute to satisfy my idle curiousity. I'll
tabulate and post the results in a few days. Two questions:

1. Do you use Ruby in your "day job"?

c.) I little bit when I can get away with it.

2. What are your one or two principal programming languages other than
Ruby?

Java, PHP and Python

Thomas Kirchner

--DocE+STaALJfprDB

* On Mar 26 3:39 said:
1. Do you use Ruby in your "day job"?

d.) I wish! (oh truly, how I pine.)
2. What are your one or two principal programming languages other than
Ruby?

It depends on whether you mean usage or skill...
For usage, php and bash, I'd have to say, though I care for none but ruby.
For skill, probably python, java, or C.

--DocE+STaALJfprDB

--DocE+STaALJfprDB--

Toby Tripp

Hello group. Please take a minute to satisfy my idle curiousity. I'll
tabulate and post the results in a few days. Two questions:

1. Do you use Ruby in your "day job"?
a.) Yes! Lots!
b.) Some.
c.) I little bit when I can get away with it.
d.) I wish!

c - Whenever they say "we need it yesterday!"
2. What are your one or two principal programming languages other than
Ruby?

C++, Ada, and Java

--
Toby Tripp

-- Benjamin Franklin
Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Daniel Kelley

jeem said:
1. Do you use Ruby in your "day job"?
a.) Yes! Lots!
b.) Some.
c.) I little bit when I can get away with it.
d.) I wish!

2. What are your one or two principal programming languages other than
Ruby?

Now: (embedded programming)

1. c.) hopefully heading toward b.)

2. C

Previous job: (web development)

1. b.)

2. PHP

Belorion

1. Do you use Ruby in your "day job"?
a.) Yes! Lots!
b.) Some.
c.) I little bit when I can get away with it.
d.) I wish!
2. What are your one or two principal programming languages other than
Ruby?

1) A (bioinformatics and computational biology)
2) Java, C#

Mikael Larsson

jeem said:
Hello group. Please take a minute to satisfy my idle curiousity. I'll
tabulate and post the results in a few days. Two questions:

1. Do you use Ruby in your "day job"?
a.) Yes! Lots!
b.) Some.
c.) I little bit when I can get away with it.
d.) I wish!

2. What are your one or two principal programming languages other than
Ruby?

I'll go first.

1. c.)

2. C# and Java
1. d

2. C/C++, Fortran 95, tcl/tk

Mathieu Bouchard

1. Do you use Ruby in your "day job"?
a.) Yes! Lots!
b.) Some.
c.) I little bit when I can get away with it.
d.) I wish!

(a), but only if it counts as a day job.
2. What are your one or two principal programming languages other
than Ruby?

C++ and PureData.

Mathieu Bouchard -=- Montréal QC Canada -=- http://artengine.ca/matju

Austin Moody

1. Do you use Ruby in your "day job"?
--> a) Rails applications, other internal scripts running on AIX and
Linux
2. What are your one or two principal programming languages other than
--> Python, Visual Basic

Stephan Kämper

jeem said:
Hello group. Please take a minute to satisfy my idle curiousity. I'll
tabulate and post the results in a few days. Two questions:

1. Do you use Ruby in your "day job"?
a.) Yes! Lots!
b.) Some.
c.) I little bit when I can get away with it.
d.) I wish!

2. What are your one or two principal programming languages other than
Ruby?

1. a.

2. C++ and a little bit Java and Perl

Happy rubying