A Poll

Aredridel

Hello group. Please take a minute to satisfy my idle curiousity. I'll
tabulate and post the results in a few days. Two questions:

1. Do you use Ruby in your "day job"?
a.) Yes! Lots!
b.) Some.
c.) I little bit when I can get away with it.
d.) I wish!

All the time. A.
2. What are your one or two principal programming languages other than
Ruby?

C & SQL.

David A. Black

Hi --

Hello group. Please take a minute to satisfy my idle curiousity. I'll
tabulate and post the results in a few days. Two questions:

1. Do you use Ruby in your "day job"?
a.) Yes! Lots!
b.) Some.
c.) I little bit when I can get away with it.
d.) I wish!

A weird mixture of a and d :) My day job isn't computer-related, but
I use Ruby to do a lot of stuff that helps with my job.
2. What are your one or two principal programming languages other than
Ruby?

Perl, (ba)sh, Emacs Lisp

David

Don Owens

1) c headed toward b
2) Perl, C

Hello group. Please take a minute to satisfy my idle curiousity. I'll
tabulate and post the results in a few days. Two questions:

1. Do you use Ruby in your "day job"?
a.) Yes! Lots!
b.) Some.
c.) I little bit when I can get away with it.
d.) I wish!

2. What are your one or two principal programming languages other than
Ruby?

I'll go first.

1. c.)

2. C# and Java

Jeremy Bear

1) "d) I wish!" = I work in the auto manufacturing industry. I'm just
a parts guy ;p

2) Rebol, Python, and Bash

Dave Burt

Jacob Fugal said:
c and d. I use it for scripting (automating maintenance, etc.) and
would love to somehow squeeze it into the code actually produced.

How's Perl's Inline::Ruby these days? :))

I'm b.
2. What are your one or two principal programming languages other than
Ruby?

At work, VBA, ASP :(

Robert Klemme

jeem said:
Hello group. Please take a minute to satisfy my idle curiousity. I'll
tabulate and post the results in a few days. Two questions:

1. Do you use Ruby in your "day job"?
a.) Yes! Lots!
b.) Some.
c.) I little bit when I can get away with it.
d.) I wish!

2. What are your one or two principal programming languages other than
Ruby?

I'll go first.

1. c.)

2. C# and Java

1 b

2: Java, SQL (PL/SQL and other dialects of stored procedures)

Kind regards

robert

Rob .

1. Do you use Ruby in your "day job"?

c. I little bit when I can get away with it.
2. What are your one or two principal programming languages other than
Ruby?

Java

Bertram Scharpf

Hi,

Am Samstag, 26. Mär 2005, 03:39:49 +0900 schrieb jeem:
Two questions:

1. Do you use Ruby in your "day job"?
a.) Yes! Lots!
b.) Some.
c.) I little bit when I can get away with it.
d.) I wish!

2. What are your one or two principal programming languages other than
Ruby?

C++, Python, TeX

Bertram

John-Mason P. Shackelford

1. Do you use Ruby in your "day job"?

a. Almost Exclusively for last 9 mos.
2. What are your one or two principal programming languages
other than Ruby?

Java. (For the last three years my work was almost exclusively Java.) No
longer using Perl, PHP, bash, etc. as I now use Ruby for such work.

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
Pearson Educational Measurement

2510 North Dodge St.
Iowa City, IA 52245
ph. 319-354-9200x6214
(e-mail address removed)
http://www.pearson.com/

David Corbin

Hello group. Please take a minute to satisfy my idle curiousity. I'll
tabulate and post the results in a few days. Two questions:

1. a - Or core application in is in Java, but we have four different
supporting applications that are in Ruby, and more on the way.

2. Java

Dido Sevilla

1. a -> I've managed to convince a Perl-using company we work for that
Ruby is a viable language for the development we're contracted to
do...
2. b -> PHP, Java

Nathaniel Talbott

Hello group. Please take a minute to satisfy my idle curiousity. I'll
tabulate and post the results in a few days. Two questions:

1. Do you use Ruby in your "day job"?
a.) Yes! Lots!
b.) Some.
c.) I little bit when I can get away with it.
d.) I wish!

a. Definitely, thankfully a.

2. What are your one or two principal programming languages other than
Ruby?

Java.

Nathaniel

<:((><