    a mutex, opening the file in a exclusive way or anything else ?

    Thanks and best regards
    Gilles

    Gilles Lambert, Apr 26, 2004

  2. as a general rule, objects are not threadsafe which means they will need to
    be protected thru locking or use of the monitor class. Most static
    methods/properties are threadsafe (consult the docs to be absolutely
    certain). Without locking, the results are truly undetermined ranging from
    failed code in win < 2000, to garbled, interlaced text on NT systems. Have a
    look at the monitor class, it encapsulates thread protection.

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Apr 26, 2004