abrt: detected unhandled Python exception

smilesonisamal

Hi all,
I am facing a script issue whenever i run my script in /var/log/messages and it gives error something as below:

abrt: detected unhandled Python exception in xxxxx.py.

Can anybody help me figuring out how do i know which line number has thrown the python exception?

Regards
Pradeep

Chris Angelico

Hi all,
I am facing a script issue whenever i run my script in /var/log/messages and it gives error something as below:

abrt: detected unhandled Python exception in xxxxx.py.

Can anybody help me figuring out how do i know which line number has thrown the python exception?

Google results suggest that this is a Red Hat thing: abrt = Automatic
Bug Reporting Tool.

https://access.redhat.com/site/docu...se_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/ch-abrt.html

I'm not a Red Hat person myself (I use Debian), so I can't really much
help; but my suspicion is that it'll be logging the full traceback
somewhere (some of the posts I found referred to it sending mail, so
you might find it in your /var/spool/mail).

Alternatively, are you able to simply run the script from the command
line? That ought to make the traceback come to your console. Not
possible if it's a CGI script or something, though.

ChrisA