Absolute control positioning

Arturo Buonanni

Hello,

I'm coding a web app. in wich I've to show to users the content of
some db tables into dropdownlist controls. Now one of this table has
8000 rows and I don't want to show all of them to the users. So I've
build a web user control in wich I let users filter this list and
select a result.
Now I'd like to show up this web usercontrol underneath a button on my
pages "overlapping" the page content. So I put it into a layer (DIV)
positioned in "absolute" mode but I can't find the coordinates of the
button underneath wich I want the layer to appear.
The button is into the "EditItemTemplate" of a "FormView" control,
nested into some tables for layout purpuse.

Can someone help with this?

Thanks.