Access denied to assembly

Guest

Hi,

I'm getting this error message when i try to run a asp.net application in my
development workstation:

"A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.FileLoadException' occurred in
mscorlib.dll

Additional information: Access denied: 'myassembly'."

The application has been working for years. I'm working now in a minor
update. There is no compilation errors neither warnings. It just doesn't
start.

Thanks,

Guest

Could you please give me the following details :
1. Is the assembly a non GAC ?
2. Is there any Code Acess Security employed with the Assembly ?
3. Do you have any publisher policy file for assembly ?
4. Did you compare the assembly manifest and the actual version of the
assembly reference in the application .

If you could give those details, i explore more for your problem

Guest

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I found the solution. My antivirus was preventing the application to load
the assembly. It didn't provide any warning message. I changed my AV soft
this summer. I spent two full days getting mad until I tried to desactivate
it :(

BTW, it was a non-GAC assembly, no special security about it, etc... just a
simple local assembly.

Thanks againg :)