Access is denied

Li Weng

Hi,

I got an "Access is denied" problem.

I pulled in a web app from Source Safe. Rebuild the solution. Got error:
“Could not load file or assembly ProjectA. … Access is deniedâ€. ProjectA is a
project, whose build is ok.

Then I removed this project. And rebuild the solution. Got error: “Access to
the path ‘C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\tcws\46e5479c\984b4dea\g7egxs4m.res’ is deniedâ€.

I checked the path. There is no such file.

Here I haven't run it yet. I just compiled it.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Li

sloan

You need to figure out which account is running the website:

Then give permissions:

Note, you need to match the directory exactly,....my examples may be off a
little

(XP/Early Server 2003)
CACLS.EXE " C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727" /E /T /G
(e-mail address removed):C

(Late Server 2003/2008)
icacls.exe "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary
ASP.NET Files" /grant (e-mail address removed):(OI)(CI)M

Most likely, youre running under your local machine ASPNET account. (where
I have (e-mail address removed))

The files or folders may also be hidden, so make sure you type in the
directory into windows explorer.

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\tcws\