accessin PC from a PC on network

saurabh

I have a page test.html in my c:/inetpub/wwwroot.... When i am trying
to open that page using http://<IPaddressofmypc>/test.html i get to see
the page....But when somebody else on the network try to run this url ,
he is not able to open this html page....I dont know what to do with
this ????

also http://<IPaddressof mypc> opens "Under Construction" error page on
my pc...But accessing this url from some other pc displays the "Page
cannot be displayed" error page on my pc.

Tim_Mac

hi,
that's a networking problem. you'll get more help from another newsgroup.
this is for asp.net questions.

by the way your second point is the same problem. the other PC just can't
get to the 'under construction' page because it doesn't have a HTTP route.
try pinging the server etc.

tim

saurabh

i tried that and i am able to ping the server....I am able to access
the pc using \\<IPaddress>...but not using http://<IPaddress>
--------------------

Tim_Mac

hi
being able to browse the network shares on a server is a different matter to
browsing HTTP on the same server.
there must be something in between that is blocking HTTP traffic to the
server. windows firewall, hardware firewall, zone-alarm or other such
software, anti-virus etc.

good luck on the other newsgroups.
tim.

Mike Lowery

Tim_Mac said:
hi
being able to browse the network shares on a server is a different matter to
browsing HTTP on the same server.
there must be something in between that is blocking HTTP traffic to the
server. windows firewall, hardware firewall, zone-alarm or other such
software, anti-virus etc.

good luck on the other newsgroups.
tim.

Sounds like a firewall in the way. Try "telnet <ip> 80". If you can't reach
port 80 then that's the problem.