Accessing AD using ADSI LDAP provider in ASP

TomikZ

I'd like to get some user account properties using .asp script. When I try
to use ADSI WINNT provider it works fine except that I apparently cannot
access some properties such as objUser.managedObjects. I have this simple
code:

<%
Set objUser = GetObject("LDAP://CN=Users,CN=FisrtName
LastName,DC=MyDomain,DC=com")
For Each strValue in objUser.managedObjects
Response.Write "This: " & strValue & "<br>"
Next
%>

As a VBS script it works fine but as an ASP page I cannot get the object
initialized. Is it problem with syntax or something else? I'd like to avoid
using .NET Framework and ADO connection as well if possible. All I really
need is to get list of managedObjects

Thank you,

Anthony Jones

TomikZ said:
I'd like to get some user account properties using .asp script. When I try
to use ADSI WINNT provider it works fine except that I apparently cannot
access some properties such as objUser.managedObjects. I have this simple
code:

<%
Set objUser = GetObject("LDAP://CN=Users,CN=FisrtName
LastName,DC=MyDomain,DC=com")
For Each strValue in objUser.managedObjects
Response.Write "This: " & strValue & "<br>"
Next
%>

As a VBS script it works fine but as an ASP page I cannot get the object
initialized. Is it problem with syntax or something else? I'd like to avoid
using .NET Framework and ADO connection as well if possible. All I really
need is to get list of managedObjects

"I cannot get the object initialized" is hardly a good description of the
problem you are having. Could you be a bit more specific.

This will probably be a permission thing. The anonymous user guest account
may not have access to what you are trying to access.

Have you tried turning off anonymous access for the page and turning on
integrated security.

TomikZ

Anthony,
IE7.0 says "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error" and Firefox says error
'80072020' line 13 which is
Set objUser = GetObject("LDAP://CN=FirstName
LastName,CN=Users,DC=mydomain,DC=com")

When I try to catch the err value it's 424 but not when creating the objUser
but when trying to access it
Response.write objUser.FullName & "<br>"

Integrated Windows Authentication is the only one enabled and in the
Security log of the server I can see successfull logon via Kerberos with
some Priviliges granted. Also when I try to get LOGON_USER variable, it
contains my username and therefore I should have access to AD.

I don't know what could be wrong
Thank you,
Tomas