Accessing data from a textbox in a ChildControl

Martin Pichler

Hi!

I have a placeholder to which i add a Table with 2 columns. In one of the
columns are textboxes with an unique ID (box1, box2, .... boxN). the user is
supposed to enter values into these textboxes and then klick submit (button
is static). on the click event i want ro read out the values of the boxes
and save them into a database.
here comes the Problem:
with Findcontrols("Box1") i am unable to find my dear textboxes!
plDetails.controls.count gives always zero (it should be one since the is a
Table)!

obviously they all vanish... or something alike.

i dont care if the values get saved in the viewstate, i just want to read
them out and save em!

Any ideas?

any help appreciated!

Thanx martin

Ravikanth[MVP]

Hi Martin

Why do you want to access textbox using FindControls
method. Can't you access TextBox's text property inside
the code behind page.

Ravikanth