accessing Datalist control from Code-behind file

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mia Williams via .NET 247, Apr 7, 2005.

  1. (Type your message here)
    I have user control (listpanel control) and I ahve to display the search results inside the list panel user control.. how can I do that? Can i access the list panel control from code-behind file?

    Mia Williams via .NET 247, Apr 7, 2005

  2. Mia Williams via .NET 247

    Guest Guest

    If i'm reading you right you have a panel control that you want to display
    the results from a search query on. In that case the answer is yes and yes if
    the answer is otherwise.
    1. create the search query (on page, or in a component).
    2. have the datalist, datagrid, or repeater in a table on the pannel control
    with the pannel.visible=false.
    3. bind the result to the control
    4. set the pannel.visible = true.
    5. have a button to hide the pannel for when the user is done with the
    search result.

    i hope this helps?
    thanks
    kes