accesskey wml attribute

kapilp

Hello,

In WML you are able to set the accesskey attribute to links and do tags. But
the .net 2005 mobile controls do not support this attribute.

How can I make .net render the accesskey attribute?

I think this URL describs what I want to do:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wa642f6e.aspx

the problem is that when I go to download the adapter source files that the
article mentions at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=6350 and try to
install I get the following message.

"Setup has detected an incompatible version of the Microsoft .NET Framework.
The Mobile Internet Toolkit cannot be installed at this time."

I am running XP pro using vs.net 2005.

Whats the deal???

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Kapil,

Thank you for posting.

As for the "Mobile Internet Toolkit" you're about to download, it is
originally provided with the .NET framework 1.x, as you can seen the
publish date is 2002/1/16. If possible, you can consider find a box which
has .net framework 1.1 only and try installing the toolkit on that box, and
the toolkit just provide the reference source code on the mobile control
adapters. And as for the actual adapters used in .net 2.0's mobile ASP.NET
control, they may vary from them, but the code logic should be same.

BTW, based on my understanding, "accesskey" is a XHTML specific attribute
rather than WML, so I'm not quite sure the target device of your
application support WML+ "accesskey".

Please feel free to post here if you have any other questions or ideas on
this.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

kapilp

Hi Steven,

I tried to install the download on a box that has only v1.0.3705 & v1.1.4322
installed on it and I got the same message. Dont know what the problem is???

If you are saying that the code from the 2.0 controls and the ones in the
toolkit are differnent then I cant solve my problem using the adapters
because when I modify the code as the article suggests, recompile a new
assembly, reference it, I will be using that one instead of the 2.0 version
which would probibly cause more problems I am sure.

Yes the accesskey is XHTML and my target device does support it.

Do you know of any other way how I can make that attribute show up in .net
2.0 mobile controls????

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your followup Kapilp,

Yes, I've also noticed that. After some further checking , the Mobile
Internet toolkit is originally shipped with .net framework 1.0(at that time
it is not built-in components). Ever since 1.1 , those control and adapters
become built-in classes in .net framework. That's why we can not install it
on .net framework 1.1 or 2.0. We need a box with .net framework 1.0
installed, I've tried that and correctly find the adapter's source code in
it.

Hope this helps.