account ASPNET cannot write file to sub folder

xin.yadong

Hi:
I have a web application (.NET 2.0), which allow user to create a
txt file and write to a sub folder under my web application on server
side. I have grant full permission of this sub folder to account
ASPNET, but wouldn't get succeed. But after I grant write permission
for acount machineName\Users to this sub folder, it worked. All the
setup about my web application are setted by deault, the security
setup for my web application is normal, and running under the machine
accont by default as well. Did anybody know WHY. Since I am not
comfortable to let user account machinName\Users to have permission to
access this sub folder.

Thanks

Lu

xin.yadong

Just found the way to fix the problem, on IIS 6. we have to grant
permission to user account "network service" instead of "ASPNET".