acess denied "doc = this.IFrame.contentWindow.document;"

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by gslim, May 9, 2006.

  1. gslim

    gslim Guest

    I am trying to implement the busybox sample from
    // From Mark Wagner
    // http://blogs.crsw.com/mark/articles/642.aspx

    When I get to this line I get an access denied error. Could someone
    give me an idea why this might be?

    Here is the entire function

    CODE::

    BusyBox.prototype.GetIFrameDocument = function()
    {
    var doc;

    if( this.IFrame.contentDocument )
    // For NS6
    doc = this.IFrame.contentDocument;
    else if( this.IFrame.contentWindow )
    // For IE5.5 and IE6
    doc = this.IFrame.contentWindow.document; // ERROR HERE
    else if( this.IFrame.document )
    // For IE5
    doc = this.IFrame.document;
    else
    // TODO: Confirm this should be the default
    doc = this.IFrame.document;

    return doc;
    }

    END CODE::

    gslim, May 9, 2006

  2. gslim

    VK Guest

    Cross-domain security. All pages have to be from the same domain where
    "the same domain" means that the part "http://www.bogus.com" is
    identical. The differences can start only after ".com"

    VK, May 9, 2006