active directory query using directorysearcher

Guest

I am having a weird problem. I am trying to use the following code to query
active directory.

Function IsExistInAD(ByVal loginName As String) As Boolean
Dim userName As String = ExtractUserName(loginName)
Dim search As DirectorySearcher = New DirectorySearcher
search.Filter = String.Format("(SAMAccountName={0})", userName)
search.PropertiesToLoad.Add("cn")
Dim result As SearchResult = search.FindOne
If result Is Nothing Then
Return False
Else
Return True
End If
End Function

Where I am passing in DOMAIN\username. Now, the problem is that it works
fine on windows forms. It searches AD and returns true if the username exists
and false if the username doesnt exit in the domain.

But now I have to do the same thing on a webform. And it wont work.
I get:

Server Error in '/WaiversEngagements' Application

The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted

Any ideas????

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Guest

Hi Tash,

It seems that the ASPNET account don't have enough permission. You can try
to use impersonate in web.config:

<identity impersonate="true" userName="ImpersonatedID"
password="Password" />

HTH

Elton Wang
(e-mail address removed)