ActiveX Control

Charles A. Lackman

Hello,

I have an activeX control on my web site that seems to work on certain
computers. I have checked the Browser Security Setting and ActiveX setting
and it does not seem to fix the problem. I have noticed that Windows 2000
and XP Home are having problems with the control (they only get a red X).
On other computers a messagebox displays and asks if it is ok to run the
ActiveX Control. On the computers that it does not work on, the messagebox
does not display at all.

What could be causing this??

Any Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Chuck

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

The behavior you describe could happen to users that don't have
Administrator privilages, if the ActiveX control is not already installed.
By default, only Administrators have permission to install ActiveX controls
because they are potentially dangerous.