Help integrating an ActiveX control used by the server

swong4

Hi all,

I am trying to use an ActiveX control on the server-side of an ASP.NET
2.0 application written in C#. The ActiveX control is a 3rd-party
interface to a data feed used by my application and does not have a
GUI.

To accomplish this, I am trying to create a Windows.Form to host the
ActiveX control with the intent that the events generated by the
control could be used by the server for data processing.

Question #1: Is there a better approach for hosting the ActiveX
control?

The problem I am having is that I don't seem to be retrieving any
events when I Show() the form hosting the control. One thing I noticed
is that if I try to display a MessageBox in the same thread, I get an
exception referencing the UserInteractive environment property
(UserInteractive isn't set for this application).

I don't receive any exceptions when I call Form.Show() on my ActiveX
host dialog, but something is wrong, because I am not receiving any
events from the control. The control is initialized and I can call
methods on the control...just no event loop.

Any ideas/thoughts? Thank you for your help.