ActiveXObject('Msxml2.XMLHTTP')

Brian McPheeters

Is there anyway to get ActiveXObject('Msxml2.XMLHTTP') to work with
Mac IE 5.1 on the client side? I need to get a text response from the
server with javascript so I can parse it. This seems to work fine on
NS6+ and Safarii.

Randy Webb

Brian said:
Is there anyway to get ActiveXObject('Msxml2.XMLHTTP') to work with
Mac IE 5.1 on the client side? I need to get a text response from the
server with javascript so I can parse it. This seems to work fine on
NS6+ and Safarii.

ActiveXObject('anything') works in NS6+ and Safari?

You could try new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP") as talked about in
try catch statement to test for each.

If that fails, look into the java applet approach that is explained here: