new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0") with Safari/Firefox for MAC

paul

I am trying to get some compatible code that will work for Safari and
Firefox for MAC. The following code works great with IE for MAC, IE,
Firfox and Netscape on PC:
xmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0")

Can someone please give me some compatible code that will allow me to
create this object in Safari and Firefox for MAC? Thank you in advance
for your time and help.

Paul Gorman ><>

VK

The following code works great with IE for MAC, IE,
Firfox and Netscape on PC:
xmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0")

Eh? Please don't do like this anymore :) :-(

IE for MacOS is discontinued for almost two years by now so is out of a
wide public interest. But even before and up to the latest release it
did not support ActiveX in any shall perform form.

ActiveXObject is strictly Windows and strictly Internet Explorer.

Netscape 7.x or higher and Firefox for Windows do have
GeckoActiveXObject but it works only and exclusively for Windows Media
Player (on builds where not locked for security reasons).

So your "works great for X, Y, Z" shall be translated - taking into
account ver.4.0 of MSXML - in this proper way:

"I have tried my code on IE 6 (7?) with all newest updates installed
and it works great. Is there any way to make it work anywhere else?"

Sure, see for instance:
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.xml/browse_frm/thread/70b7322eef704e24>