    create this object in Safari and Firefox for MAC? Thank you in advance
    for your time and help.

    Paul Gorman ><>

    paul, Dec 28, 2006

  2. paul

    VK Guest

    Eh? Please don't do like this anymore :) :-(

    IE for MacOS is discontinued for almost two years by now so is out of a
    wide public interest. But even before and up to the latest release it
    did not support ActiveX in any shall perform form.

    ActiveXObject is strictly Windows and strictly Internet Explorer.

    Netscape 7.x or higher and Firefox for Windows do have
    GeckoActiveXObject but it works only and exclusively for Windows Media
    Player (on builds where not locked for security reasons).

    So your "works great for X, Y, Z" shall be translated - taking into
    account ver.4.0 of MSXML - in this proper way:

    "I have tried my code on IE 6 (7?) with all newest updates installed
    and it works great. Is there any way to make it work anywhere else?"

    Sure, see for instance:
    <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.xml/browse_frm/thread/70b7322eef704e24>

    VK, Dec 28, 2006