add bitbucket repo url to install_requires

Julian

Hi,

I'm developing a django app which depends on an app in a private
bitbucket repository, for example ssh://[email protected]/username/my-django-app.
is it possible to add this url to the list of install_requires in my
setup.py? tried various possibilities, but none worked.

Chris Withers

I'm developing a django app which depends on an app in a private
bitbucket repository, for example ssh://[email protected]/username/my-django-app.
is it possible to add this url to the list of install_requires in my
setup.py? tried various possibilities, but none worked.

That would be abhorent. Don't even try to do that.

If the app has a setup.py, specify the name passed to setup() in
setup.py in install_requires. Then you just need to make sure a
distribution of the above is available when you want to install.

What I would do:

- clone the above repo
- in your local clone do:
python setup.py sdist
- put the resulting .tgz somewhere safe and accessible
- install using your package manager of choice and pass the "somewhere
safe and accessible" location by way of --find-links or equivalent.

cheers,

Chris