Add Boost-STL to VS2008 -- How?

RichardOnRails

Hi,

From http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/, I downloaded the
Boost STL package and unpacked it. That gave me a bunch of PDFs
documenting the package. Each PDF iincludes source code for the STL
feature being documented.

Do I have to copy each of the sources into files and add references to
them in VS2008? Or is there a better way.

Thanks in Advance,
Richard

Bo Persson

RichardOnRails said:
Hi,

From http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/, I downloaded the
Boost STL package and unpacked it. That gave me a bunch of PDFs
documenting the package. Each PDF iincludes source code for the STL
feature being documented.

Do I have to copy each of the sources into files and add references
to them in VS2008? Or is there a better way.

Thanks in Advance,
Richard

I think it would be a good idea to start here:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_40_0/more/getting_started/windows.html

Bo Persson

Joshua Maurice

Hi,

Fromhttp://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/,  I downloaded the
Boost STL package and unpacked it.  That gave me a bunch of PDFs
documenting the package.  Each PDF iincludes source code for the STL
feature being documented.

Do I have to copy each of the sources into files and add references to
them in VS2008?  Or is there a better way.

Last I checked, Boost does not provide a replacement for the STL. They
do provide many useful libraries like the STL, but they do not provide
replacement headers and such for part of the C++ Standard Libraries.

Right?

Richard

Last I checked, Boost does not provide a replacement for the STL. They
do provide many useful libraries like the STL, but they do not provide
replacement headers and such for part of the C++ Standard Libraries.

Right?

Hi Josh,

I just downloaded/installed Boost using a VS2008 installer from
BoostPro.com and I see the headers documented and believe (but haven't
checked yet) that they're integrated in VS2008.

Best wishes,
Richard