    I've tried binding like this and it does not work

    gridview1.datasource = SqlDataReader.getsqlstring(0)

    Any help would be great. Thanks

    Guest, Apr 25, 2006

    Guest Guest

    You can have a sqlDataReader assigned as the DataSource for a datagrid or a
    datalist but once issue a databind you have to close that sqlDataReader
    because it is a forward-only read-only stream of data that you cannot loop
    through it again unless you close it, reconnect to the database and re-query
    its command sql again.

    So the best approach in your scenario is to retrieve the data once into a
    dataset using a dataadapter. Since the dataset is disconnected you can both
    databind it to a datagrid and still use it to loop through the data without
    re-connecting to the database.

    You might find this article of further help in understanding this topic:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/06/DataPoints/

    Guest, Apr 25, 2006

    Guest Guest

    Thank you Phillip.