add further args to win32com.client.Dispatch?

selwyn

hi,

this is my first foray into the mysteries of COM and dlls, so please
humour me.

I have been provided with a dll interface for a connection to a web-server.
The documentation provided is clear that the dll requires the server
config file to be in same folder as the dll.

I know the dll is installed and registered properly, as is the server
config file, because the test gui provided works as expected, and fails
as expected when the server config file is moved elsewhere.

However, when I try in the relevant directory with
I get a gui dialog message of
"Error: No server configured."

The desired methods within the dll are subsequently available, but
without a working server connection they are useless.

I know this may be a long-shot, is there some way to specify the config
file as an additional argument to win32com.client.Dispatch or friends?

Otherwise what further options should I look into?

many thanks,
Selwyn