Adding literal content to webcontrol via editor

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Memi Lavi, Aug 30, 2003.

  1. Memi Lavi

    Memi Lavi Guest

    Hi Experts.

    I developed a menu webcontrol, which can be constrcuted by inline XML,
    something like that:
    <cc1:menu runat=server id=....>
    <menuItem text="text1" href="http://myserver/mypage.aspx"/>
    <menuItem text="text2" href="http://myserver/mypage2.aspx">
    <menuItem text="text3" href="http://myserver/mypage3.aspx"/>
    </menuItem>
    </cc1:menu>

    I developed a custom editor (derived from UITypeEditor) which displays
    a form with convenient UI to create this structure. Problem is, the
    editor should be attached to a specific property (using the Editor
    attribute), but the inline XML is not a property, but an inner content
    of the control.

    I've tried to use something like that in the EditValue method:

    Ctype(provider.instance,Menu).controls.add(new
    LiteralControl(strMyXML))

    but this did not affect the source code.

    How can that be done? The inline XML is not a specific property, but a
    child content of the control.

    Thanks!!

    Memi Lavi, Aug 30, 2003