adding profile provider

michael

My application is using Membership Provider (Users and Roles).
Can I add the Profile provider also, please note that there's already
users & roles in the database ?

I read many articles already but I am still not clear about certain
things. Just by adding the Profile provider settings in web.config it
doesn't do anything. I suppose there should be a way to create the
support tables in the database by running aspnet_regsql with some
parameters.
And also if I have

<profile enabled="true">
<properties>
<add name="Country" type="string"/>
<add name="City" type="string"/>
</properties>
</profile>

I would like to be able to have the strong type properties:
Profile.UserDetails.Country or Profile.UserDetails.City

Do I have to write my own custom class for that ?

Thanks,
xk