    need to handle the design time rendering of the control myself?

    TIA

    MC

    mc, Mar 12, 2007

  2. Hi MC,

    As for the design-time output of webcontrol, it can be controlled by a
    custom controldesigner. And for your scenario, you can override the
    "GetDesignTimeHtml" method of the control designer and always return html
    <textarea> markup. Here is a simple test control demonstrate this:

    ===================================
    namespace WebControlLib
    {
    [DefaultProperty("Text")]
    [ToolboxData("<{0}:MyTextBox runat=server></{0}:MyTextBox>")]
    [Designer(typeof(MyTextBoxDesigner))]
    public class MyTextBox : TextBox
    {
    [Obsolete("not used...", true)]
    public new TextBoxMode TextMode
    {
    get
    {
    return TextBoxMode.MultiLine;

    public class MyTextBoxDesigner : ControlDesigner
    {
    private MyTextBox _tb = null;

    public override void Initialize(IComponent component)
    {
    _tb = (MyTextBox)component;

    base.Initialize(component);
    }
    public override string GetDesignTimeHtml()
    {
    string temp= "<textarea>{0}</textarea>";

    return string.Format(temp, _tb.Text);

    ==================================

    Hope this helps.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    ications.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Mar 13, 2007

  3. Hi MC,

    Does the suggestion in my last reply helps you a little? if you have any
    further questions on this, please feel free to let me know.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Mar 15, 2007
  4. mc

    mc Guest

    Yes, all makes sense, however I've been diverted onto another more
    important task, and I've not had time to evaluate your suggestions

    Thanks

    MC

    mc, Mar 16, 2007
  5. Thanks for your followup.

    Please feel free to focus on your current work. And you're welcome to post
    here when you have time to continue work on this issue.

    Wish you good luck!

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Mar 19, 2007