Adobe Contribute & ASP.NET 2.0 Master Pages

John

Hello!

I have a problem with getting Adobe Contribute to view the content of the
master.page file. I have done a fair amount of research into why and have
come up with the fact that Adobe Contribute CS3 was released before ASP.NET
2.0 and therefore wouldn't have known about master pages or even how to
handle them.

Therefore I believe it to be acceptable if the page content (contained in
the content place holder in each aspx page) was stylised with at least the
external CSS file. Many attempts to get this to work have failed and
anything that is a complete frig (such as putting <html><head><link ....CSS
to make it believe that the external style sheet is declared in the <head>
tags is just not acceptable as it will have an impact on Google and SEO in
general..

One solution I've thought of is to make an FTP login to a private directory
on my web server and have Adobe Contribute edit those pages and for the
online script to check (with some VB or C#) the last edited timestamp of its
counterpart page in the private FTP directory and then to pull the edited
content out and into the VB's ASPX file.

Has anyone any tips or advice? I'm looking for an easy way out if there is
one :eek:P

Thanks to anyone that helps out!

Cheers,
John

Jose A. Fernandez

Hi John
mm interesting "enviroment problem"
I unfortunately that is too work for you. But I don't have another
idea
FTP with duplicate files is too work! You can read a html render from
aspx and copy this pages into ftp

Another solution maybe deploy CMS??

a tip:
FileSystemWatcher Class
Listens to the file system change notifications and raises events when
a directory, or file in a directory, changes.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.filesystemwatcher.aspx

Example
http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/howto/doc/Watcher.aspx
http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/mokhtarb2005/FSWatcherMB12052005063103AM/FSWatcherMB.aspx

______________________
Jose A. Fernandez
blog: http://geeks.ms/blogs/fernandezja

John

Thanks for the tip!

I'll have a look at that FileSystemWatch class.
The problem with separate copies that are updated when there has been a
change/edit is synchronisation.. this class might just provide the answer.

I'll post details of any solution I make.
There are a lot of people having the same problem as I am.

Anyone else have an idea for a "work around"?