master pages and content pages

sjsean

I seem to be missing something on the concept of master pages and the
content pages "linking" to them.

I want to set up a master page (which I have done in visual web
developer 2008) with a header, left, middle, right, footer set up.

In concept my belief is that header and footer code will be placed
into the master page itself. The left hand side would be a log-in
with menu; the right-hand side for ads; and the center for content.

I'm using a stylesheet and "div"s for placement.

I had a login.aspx page, a photo.aspx page which I wanted as the left
and middle respectively. However, when I try to link them to the
master page one always seems to "overwrite" the other. Can someone
give ideas on what I may be doing wrong or how to do correctly?

In theory it would seem I could have 3 aspx files/pages for left,
middle, right

Thanks in advance.

Sean

Scott M.

How are you trying to "link" your pages together? When you create the
login.aspx page nad the photo.aspx pages, you should be creating them as
"Content" pages, not regular "Web Form" pages.

-Scott