Ajax and Fileupload

Fresno Bob

I know this has been addressed sortof. It's using the update panel with the
fileupload control. I get how to use a postback trigger to do a full
postbask. However my page has some server side validation. I would like to
partial update until the validation is sucessful and then do a full
postback. Is this possible. I have tried dynamically adding a control via
the RegisterPostBackControl when the validation is successful but I have to
press the button twice. Also when I am doing the partial updates the
fileupload loses it's value - is this by design or is it something I'm doing
wrong. I am using the update control with conditional updates.

bruce barker

the update panel does partial (aysnc) updates via xmlhttprequest. this will
not allow a file upload, only the browser can via a form submit (postback).

if you take the filecontrol out of the update panel, then on a async
postback, you can do a server validate. and send back javascript to do a full
postback on sucess.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

chris.kennedy

the update panel does partial (aysnc) updates via xmlhttprequest. this will
not allow a file upload, only the browser can via a form submit (postback).

if you take the filecontrol out of the update panel, then on a async
postback, you can do a server validate. and send back javascript to do a full
postback on sucess.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

How do I send the javascript back? Regards, Chris.