Ajax Error Message - 12031

Guest

We have recently applied AJAX to our web site, nothing particularly fancy,
just some update panel, progress images and collapsible panels, just the
basics to improve the user experience.

The project has gone fantastically well except we have ran into a strange
error when accessing the site from inside of one of our client networks.

All the pages load fine without any problems, but if you try and press any
buttons on an AJAX enabled page you get the following popup error message;

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error
occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code
returned from the server was: 12031

We got this error using one of our own laptops which had been access the
site with no problems only an hour earlier, but from a separate network. We
had no errors logged on the server side; something seems to be going wrong
in-between client and server

We only get this error whilst accessing the site from inside there network,
I was under the assumption that AJAX sends all requests over HTTP, so there
should be no reason for the firewall to filter anything out as its just text.

We have the latest version of AJAX installed, can anyone help, this problem
is driving me bald.

Ben Rush

How quickly after you do something on the page does the error occur?

My suspicion is that this is a WinINET error code for the connection being
reset; are you possibly sending back a great deal of data during this call?
Perhaps the network it does work on is closer to the server and the call
takes less time?

That's all I have for now - but I'll keep poking around; please keep me
posted, though...I'd like to know what the deal is....

Kart

I am experiencing the same problem. I get the error with Status Code 500. I don't seem to get that error if i access it from the server.

Guest

Sorry I’ve not replied until now, but I only just got an email alert to your
reply.

When the error was popping up, it was instantaneous, there was no gap
between pressing the pressing a button and the error message.

The total amount of data being posted back is reasonably large, the page has
a data grid with 50 rows, and 6 columns, and a few text boxes.

The page runs fine when being called from a client site in New York, and the
server is hosted in London, and the error occurred when it was ran in client
offices in London, so I don’t think this is related to bandwidth.